Unity Tutorial 1


 Unity Tutorial 01


This week, we began Unity tutorials. I decided to create a 2D game as I personally play more 2D games than 3D so I was already intrigued. The tutorials I started were for Ruby's Adventure 2D Game, which are straightforward and only contain text throughout. I noticed that reading the text while following the lectures was a little bit simpler than watching the videos last semester and pausing them and rewinding them constantly.

This tutorial was as a helpful review of the basics. We had to add a character to the game and make it a Sprite. The character was then programmed to move up and down and left to right by using the arrow keys. In the final section of the tutorial, tile maps were covered. This tutorial was quite useful. It is interesting to see the difference between learning through video and following text instructions. 


link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

get to know me

Game Brainstorm

Game Design Document