get to know me

Hello!

 My name is Philippa, I'm pretty sure my name is Greek and it means 'lover of horses'... interesting choice from my parents since I have no connection to Greece and I don't particularly "love" horses. This summer I spent my 20th birthday in Berlin. I went to Berlin for a month and I had the best time of my life. For the weekend of my birthday all of my best friends visited for a few days. It was definitely a life changing trip and I'm already looking at apartments for next summer!!  Its such a beautiful and inspiring city full of art, culture and you can be whoever you want. 

When I chose this course, I had no idea what I wanted to do for a career. I was pretty much an open book when joining in first year. Since completing two semesters with a varied range of modules last year, I have found some direction and some aspects of the course which I really love. Graphic design and film are my favourites. Since learning all about shot types and all the goes into the production of film, I've found myself having a new experience when watching movies or shows. Recently, I watched 'Squid Game' on Netflix and I found myself immersed in the plot along with camera techniques. I can now spot and name camera angles and shot types when watching even when I'm just trying to enjoy it. None the less its brought a new found appreciation to film production for me. 

I enjoy making art. I would like to call it one of my hobbies but I never seem to find the time for it. I'd love to be able to give it more of my attention but I'm so busy! I think if I had an extra day in the week I would give it to my creative self. I love digital art, I enjoy photography so I often work in photoshop to play around with image manipulation. 

My all time favourite thing to do is be with friends, at least once a week I will meet with friends and we will go to the local pub or hang out. I am quite social and am really looking forward to making lots of new friends in college this year. It doesn't feel like we are in our second year of college as we were 100% online last term. I don't really know anyone outside of my group and even still its hard to put names to faces. I can match voices tho 😆. Im looking forward to campus life and getting the full college experience. 


personal image of me- July 2021




Comments

  1. Hi Philippa!
    Berlin sounds so fun, I'm glad you enjoyed your time there and you are looking to go back next summer :)
    I love that you were able to find something you were passionate about and something you enjoyed after your first year in CDM, it will really help you narrow down options for careers when you leave college.
    I also really enjoy the film aspect of CDM myself!
    I have seen some of your art in Year 1 and it was really really good, so you should definitely find some time to keep pursuing that because you're really good at it.
    Time with friends is very important so it's good you find time in your week to spend with them.
    I really enjoyed reading this blog piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Philippa, remember your short film last year, I'm still not great at the names yet either but it was really good so looking forward to seeing what you make this year. Berlin is fun , went there a few years ago , only for a day but hey it was still fun haha. The thing with the shot types is so true , I've found myself doing it as well recently when watching Netflix,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Philippa,
    I was in the same boat as you before choosing this course, but graphic design is deffo my favourite now! Whats your top 5 films of all time?? Also your short film last year was unbelievable so keep up the good work. Looking forward to working with you on the group project.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Philippa
    wow learning more things about you, keep up the good work and your netflix taste are good especially that squid game 10/10

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Philippa, love your intro, I can relate to having little to no time doing hobbies, especially with college work. I finished Squid Game the other day and really enjoyed it! Season two has been confirmed as well so looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Philippa,
    Fantastic intro, love learning new things about people from the best group in the year. I also get that appreciation for things like camera angles and shot types when watching movies and tv shows
    Good luck with the rest of your work cant wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Phillipa, I totally relate to you with the art thing, I adore making art but I never make the time for it. I'm so jealous that you've been to Berlin as well, I'm in the process of trying to convince some of my mates to go with me next year. Hopefully we both find the time to make some more art :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Philippa, hope you enjoyed Berlin, a friend of mine went a while ago and it looked so good I really want to visit one day. Graphic design and film are two interests I've also found in this course, I find myself taking mental note of the different camera angles etc. when I'm watching tv and movies now too. Best of luck for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Brainstorm

Game Design Document