Project: Vision statement

 

Game Vision Statement

link


Introduction:

For this blog post I will be discussing one game idea out of my four possible ideas in a previous post. Initially I had no idea what game I wanted to do, in fact I was quite worried about what I would do as I'm not a big gamer. From making the previous post about game ideas I've found one that I like and want to pursue.  My idea is to create a runner game where the player is racing against a clock. The player can swerve between 3 lanes to collect coins/dodge obstacles. There is no end, it's an infinite runner game similar to Temple Run. 

Genre:

The genre of this game is a top down, third person running/infinite end game. with a similar layout/format as Subway Surfers.

Theme:

The design theme of the game would be set at halloween time. Im not to sure how designing the game will work and how much original designed content will be incorporated. But it will be very autumnal vibes, or night setting, trick or treating etc. 

Aesthetic:

The aesthetic of my game will be based around the Halloween season. There will be streets which the player will manoeuvre through. These streets will be decorated with halloween decorations. The player will be able to gain new 'skins' which will be alternating costumes. Instead of collecting coins the player will be collecting treats.   

Gameplay:

Ideally for my game I want to start off with a short video intro of some sort these can be seen in many games before the player has any control. This adds to the story of the game and the user experience. Here. There will be an option to choose which character you want to be before playing. After the clip at the start the player will enter gameplay. So, The player is out on halloween night trick or treating, then realises its getting dark and has to run home before its dark. There will be a 'clock' at the top of the game displaying a bar and it will be sun to moon and hoe long until its dark 

link

In the image above we can see the bar timers I'm talking about. While on the run home the player will have to avoid obstacles like in Temple Run or Subway Surfers. These obstacles will stick with the halloween theme and be things like ghosts, fireworks, and fruit. While trying to avoid these obstacles the player will try to collect sweets, candy apples and chocolate. If the player runs into an obstacle it will take a few seconds off the time, and if the player runs into many obstacles the won't make it hone on time. 







Comments

  1. Hi Phillipa, This game sounds really cool and exciting. I love games like subway surfer. I think the Halloween theme to the game is quite unique and I'm sure you'll make it look great. Did you consider adding some scary music in your game. Maybe when the player is starting to lose the game some scary music could start to play so it would urge them more to continue on and win. I think that would be really cool if you did add some music. I love your idea of the changing costumes along the way. One suggestions I do have would be maybe incorporate some treats as extra points or even "treats " that are bad that makes the player slow down for example a rotten candied apple or something like that. It might increase the players competitive side and concentration as they will have to watch out for what treats they are collecting along the way as well as keeping up with the game. Overall this game seems really fun and cant wait to see the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phillipa, love the idea!! Autumn vibes are always good so I'm a fan of the Halloween theme, this will add a fun element to the game. Temple run and subway surfers are addicting so I can see this game being really addictive too, I like the idea of a timer because a race against the clock will make it even more engaging. Best of luck I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

get to know me

Game Brainstorm

Game Design Document