Game Brainstorm

 GAME BRAINSTORM


link

My first game idea is inspired by the game of life. Personally I wouldn't be interested in playing shooting games, or building games(e.g. Minecraft). So I thought because of this I shouldn't really consider trying to make one if these types of games. Something more suited to me would be a happy game ☺️. I thought of the game of life because I really enjoy the board game version. I particularly enjoy the fact that every time you play you end up with a different story/life. I also enjoy the fact that you can't choose the story like in The Sims for example. The game of life involves spinning the wheel and moving to that square, whatever square you land on is the life milestone you get. You do however have a few options at the start. Like you can choose to go to college, or work. These decisions will also have an effect on your salary/income in the game and will determine your financial state at the end of the game. There is a 3D online version in the App Store. here.


link

My Second game idea is inspired my the game Monument Valley. This game is available in the App Store. It is an optical illusion puzzle game. When I first downloaded this game I was so impressed and immersed in it. I had never seen anything like it before. It was so simple yet so visually appealing and cinematic. There is levels, obstacles and objectives. The puzzle aspect of the game is so fun to figure out, it's almost like anything goes in the game. Tilting your phone can change things, open doors. As well as moving the camera view around to reveal new buttons and objectives. There is no context given at the start of any level so you basically just have to figure it out yourself. That made some levels harder than others, because there's no help you just have to simply figure it out. I completed this game in one day. It was amazing. And each level was so different and had different obstacles, objectives and rules. click here.



link

My third game idea is inspired my Subway Surfers. I'm sure a lot of people are familiar with this game. It's currently available on the App Store. I think a layout for a game like this one could be simple but effective. A lot of game apps have this layout. Deliveryman 3D bike race game. Chasing yellow (I used to love this game)  and Temple Run  are a few games which follow this layout. This games follows a layout of 3 lanes or gameplay areas. Swiping between each to collect coins, avoid trains and other obstacles. Also swiping up or down allows you to duck under and jump over obstacles too. This game layout could be altered to suit any creative design/story/game plot. click here.


link


My fourth game idea is inspired by Mario Kart. Out of all the racing games I have ever played Mario Kart is definitely my favourite. I used to play on my Nintendo DS when I was a kid and connect up with my brothers. There is a new app version for phones but I haven't tried it. I think I racing game would be fun to make but I'm not really sure how AI works or how to work with it so I'm not sure if I would be able to create a racing game. But I think the idea of designing different levels/tracks would be fun. Click here. 





Comments

  1. Hey Philippa!! I love your idea for creating a puzzle game, I am a huge fan of puzzle games I could play something like tetris all day everyday if I could. I feel like there's so many unique possibilities in creating a puzzle game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Philippa, love all your game ideas, my favourite would be the second and third idea. Both are strong ideas to create a game from. The third would be a cool endless runner game, I used to love subway surfers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Philippa I really like your blog post it looks like you put a lot of time into researching all your different ideas for your game. I really like your idea for subway surfers style game. I used to play games like this so much growing up like temple on and everything like that. I feel like this idea is very good as many people love continuous runner games like subway surfers and temple run which I think would make it quite accessible to a wider audience. I feel once you put your own team onto the continuous runner idea the project will be great. I also think it will be great as these type of games are very addicting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

get to know me

Game Design Document